Some remarkable facts that are amazing but hard to believe!!! Click here to read all these facts
Chaka Khan and her sister have entered a drug rehabilitation program to battle their addictions to prescription drugs, and Khan says the death of her good friend Prince helped hasten her decision to get help.
There is magic in every glance and moonlight in every smile. She casts a spell on every soul she meets, leaving them entranced beyond understanding.
I grew up idolizing my brother. Then he killed a man.
Below, our favorite stories of the week. Kindle users, you can also get them as a Readlist. Sign up to receive this list free every Friday in your inbox. * * *
Source: The Top 5 Longreads of the Week
This post is the personal opinion of the author and may not reflect the views of the Humanist Association of Ghana.
Professor Osei’s presentation at the International Humanist Conference in Accra, 2012 entitled The Relevance of Secular Humanism to the Contemporary African Society asserted that the Western construct of Humanism is bringing excessive individualism to Africa in opposition to its traditional values of communalism. Professor Osei also said we need to think about the issue of LGBT rights within this context.
To find a distinctly African expression of humanism sounds like an attractive project, yet the assertion has also been bothering me. I have been pondering on these issues since that presentation and hope I may have found a resolution to the apparent conflict.
View original post 489 more words
You’ve probably never heard of most of the 100 top URLs in world.
In fact, most users have no idea that they’ve even accessed most of the 89 domains the average user interacts with in a month.
A new F-Secure Labs study of the top 100 URLS accessed by customers all over the globe shows that of the world’s top URLs only 15% were accessed directly. The remaining 85% were accessed by other websites or software on the users PCs. Of the 85% accessed automatically, 10% come from ad-serving domains, 35% are ad-serving domains with tracking components and 19% are purely tracking domains.
This means that at least half of the URLs your browser accesses are not providing you any content. Instead, you are the content, providing anonymous marketers precious information about your interests, tastes and lifestyle.
“We are more honest with search engines than we are with our…
View original post 236 more words